Seeing as the Amazon Kindle is one of the bigger things going around right now. And I being a very avid reader of books, have come to the crossroads in which I have to decide whether I should get one or not.
Therefore I have decided to make a list as to why I should get a Kindle, and why I shouldn’t get a Kindle.
To get a Kindle:
- Easier to carry around then some books.
- Can have the internet – pretty useful
- Not too bad to look at
- I can carry all my books at once
- Not as durable as a book.
- Cheaper on the whole
- The classics are free
To not get a Kindle:
- I like the feel of the pages and the full weight of the book.
- A book can prove to be a good weapon
- Nobody wants to steal a book
- They are special
- Can be signed.
- Sometimes the e-book is more expensive then the physical book.
- Can be shared
I think the idea of a Kindle is better than the actual thing. Like the ability to have your whole library of books in one little machine that doesn’t take up too much room is great. Though a Kindle would reduce the amount of books published, and this may somewhat save trees, it wouldn’t be the same as having the real deal. Having that fresh book smell, and feeling the rough edges and embossed title.
Therefore I doubt I’ll be asking for a Kindle this year, but maybe in a couple of years, when the actual book isn’t as important to me. Or I have the desire to carry around the free classics rather than carrying around several books. Which would make sense when I am in Uni, studying English Literature.
What I would have to decided next is whether I would want the wifi or wifi and 3G version.